My shoulders have been sore recently so I’ve been on a quest to keep my purse light. Especially has the weather has improved and I’ve been doing more impromptu hiking with the kids after school. I realized today that my purse was getting really heavy again so I set aside time to clean it out.
Here’s what I found:
* A smooshed strawberry and yogurt cereal bar.
* 3 pairs of sunglasses of various sizes
* A combination of Euro, Swiss Franc, and American coins that probably would buy me a beer if I found a place that would take them.
* A half-empty water bottle – vintage unknown.
* A shopping bag.
* 4 different kinds of ID.
* 3 tubes of lipstick and an almost empty tube of chapstick.
*About a gazillion receipts from Coop.
* Various lonely cough drops.
* Used train tickets from Zurich, Bern, and Dijon.
* A deck of cards.
* A packet of tissues with the Eiffel Tower on them.
* A small tube of sunscreen that looks like it might leak at any moment.
* An empty and crushed box of coughdrops.
* Fingerless mittens that I’ve been looking for since the middle of March.
Frankly, the only thing that surprised me is that I didn’t have a kitten or some kind of medical device hidden in there, too.
My bag is much lighter now.